Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's an Honest Start

I just went through the very demoralizing task of weighing and measuring myself for the start of my 39X39 journey. Today I start my goal of losing thirty-nine pounds by my thirty-ninth birthday.

I'm terrible at exercising and accountability, so in an effort to make my self actually do this VERY NECESSARY thing for myself, I started this blog. Some of you know me personally and I hope that you join my team of supporters and ass-kickers, as I really do need to drop this weight.

It has become painfully (no really, it is painful--my knees and back ache constantly) obvious to me that my weight has been headed in a very wrong direction for sometime, but I'm one of the laziest people ever, and, as such, I've done nothing about it.

I'm 6" tall so I get a lot of "You're not fat!," but yes, yes I am. Here are the (rough to admit) numbers:

I weigh 213 pounds. I have a 43 inch bust line and my waist and my hips both measure at 42 inches.

What does that look like? It looks like this:


Not very pretty, right? Well, I'm hoping to change that and, if you're so inclined, you can follow me on this journey.

I plan on posting once a week with a summary of my activity and any results. If I find tips worth sharing I'll be sure to add them in.

2 comments:

  1. You are so flipping awesome Leiah!! I'm totally with you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your journey. I'm so impressed with your bravery in putting all of this out there. I'm looking forward to following you and maybe riding on your coat tails a little bit.

    ReplyDelete